National Toilet Paper Day 2018
At Veritiv, towel and tissue is big business. That's just one of the reasons why we celebrate National Toilet Paper Day—a national holiday dedicated to a product that we truly cannot live without. Here are five things you probably don't know about toilet paper:
- It has an official inventor. While some form of toilet paper has been used since 50 BC, it was Seth Wheeler of Albany who officially patented perforated toilet paper on roll in 1891.1
- We use a lot of it. The average person uses 100 rolls of toilet paper per year (more than 20,000 sheets).2
- It's big business. On average, the U.S. spends more than six billion a year on toilet tissue, beating out every other country in the world. In fact, the daily production of toilet paper is about 83,046,116 rolls per day.3
- It's an enormous part of our lives in the U.S. According to various studies, the average person spends three years on the toilet over the course of a lifetime.2
- But some people live without it. Approximately four billion people (about 70%-75% of the world's population) don't use toilet paper at all.2
Is your facility in need of tissue paper products? Check out our comprehensive line of Reliable Brand towel and tissue products. Essential to any facility, Reliable Brand provides comfort for your customers and employees. For more information about our facility solutions, please contact us. We'd love to hear from you. ------ Sources: 1 https://consumerist.com/2015/03/17/original-patent-for-perforated-toilet... 2 http://encyclopedia.toiletpaperworld.com/toilet-paper-facts/toilet-paper... 3 http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/wayoflife/07/07/mf.toilet.paper.history/i...