Boxes vs. mailers
It's the great shipping debate: boxes vs. mailers!The right packaging for your product can do wonders for your business, so it’s important to get it right. Not only does it protect your product while in transit, it ensures that the product arrives in one piece—creating a positive brand experience for your customer and increasing the likelihood that they’ll choose you the next time they purchase. So how do you know if a box or a mailer is best for your product? A smart place to start is to consider the advantages of each product.
The case for boxes:
- Strong. Corrugated cardboard boxes tend to be sturdy.
- Designed to hold heavy items. Especially when sealed with the right type of packaging tape, boxes can be used to safely and reliably transport weighty products.
- Size availability. Boxes come in a variety of sizes to fit both small and large products.
- Ideal for shipments with multiple items. With the right void fill, many items can be shipped in one box.
- Sustainable. Cardboard boxes can be re-purposed and used more than once before recycled.
The case for mailers:
- Inexpensive. Mailers tend to be competitively priced.
- Lightweight. In general, mailers cost less to ship.
- Built-in item protection. Mailers come with built-in padding and may not need additional support.
- Speed of packaging. Pack out quicker with mailers.
For all of your packaging needs, look to Veritiv® packaging experts and our line of TUFflex™ packaging essentials. Our poly and bubble mailers protect your products and help you save on shipping costs.